PDA

View Full Version : Rising Mist in Savage Gulf

Paul Marcellini
09-20-2010, 05:30 PM
It seems like it has been way too long since I made a decent image. I have been hanging out in Nashville and took the gf out to South Cumberland State Park. It has been a dry season and many of the falls are dry but as luck would have it a storm rolled through.

5d2, Tamron 28-75@28 polarizer blend of 2 exp

Dave Mills
09-20-2010, 10:11 PM
Hi Paul, Glad to see you posting.The beautiful sky along with an interesting cloud bank makes this a strong image. I also like the cloud being on a slight diagonal.
The composition is broken down about 60/40 giving more emphasis on the strong sky.
There is a magenta cast on the cloud but that could be due reflected light from the sky. Interesting and well handled!!

Kaushik Balakumar
09-21-2010, 03:12 AM
Gorgeous light and beautiful sky. The patches of clouds in the valley make it even better.
Beautiful image Paul.

Robert Amoruso
09-21-2010, 08:43 AM
Paul,

I agree with the other. One the left you have a slice of green between the fog and the frame edge and on the right the fog goes right to the edge. If it was possible I would have made these two areas symmetrical.

Paul Marcellini
09-21-2010, 11:53 AM
Thanks guys,

Robert, that was the valley extending on the right with continuous fog, so no way to not have it leaving the frame. I thought it was actually a nice leading line and if I had it leave the frame on the left, it would truncate the image and stop the eye.

Roman Kurywczak
09-21-2010, 03:57 PM
Hey Paul,
Nice to see you here again! Love the sky and like Dave said.....great diagonal on the mist! Maybe a hair brighter on the foilage/rolling mountains for my tastes.......but overall....you did a great job with this one!:cheers:

Myer Bornstein
09-21-2010, 04:02 PM
Very nice colorpossibly a little later on the green

Robert Amoruso
09-22-2010, 07:15 AM
Thanks guys,

Robert, that was the valley extending on the right with continuous fog, so no way to not have it leaving the frame. I thought it was actually a nice leading line and if I had it leave the frame on the left, it would truncate the image and stop the eye.

Paul, I figured that much because I know your attention to details like that when you are composing. We really need to get together sometime to photograph down your way.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
09-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Very nice image, I like the fog though the image and the pink colors