PDA

View Full Version : Blue Heron blue

Indranil Sircar
09-20-2010, 01:10 PM
This was a well underexposed image under a morning overcast sky taken a while back. I did not delete this thinking may be useful sometime later for creative art! Changed the color temp to blue in ACR and applied Topaz Simplify on the image. Used layer mask to bring back the original heron. Cropped and applied usm on the final web version. Hope you like it...

denise ippolito
09-20-2010, 02:52 PM
Indranil, I like the flight pose and the blue really is blue! I like the effect of the filter. I may have cropped out the reflection if it were mine. Great title too!:)

Indranil Sircar
09-20-2010, 03:23 PM
Thanks Denise. Here is another crop without the reflection...

Myer Bornstein
09-20-2010, 03:55 PM
Like the second post better

Steve Adkins
09-20-2010, 08:09 PM
Another vote for the 2nd post. Very nicely done. Perfect subject for this theme!

Judy Howle
09-20-2010, 09:13 PM
Very nice Indranil! I like the 2nd post better too but I would have taken off a little more of the bottom.

Kerry Perkins
09-20-2010, 11:41 PM
Indranil, I like the re-post - I think the image is stronger without the reflection. Like Judy, I would have taken just a tad more (right above your sig on the second one). I love the blue (that's been "my" color since childhood!) and the twilight feel as well as the bit of light on the head. Very nice.

Paul Lagasi
09-21-2010, 01:08 AM
Another vote for second post....Indranil while your at it, wonder what it woul look like with just the Blue Heron....;). Seriously, I do like the 2nd version.

Indranil Sircar
09-21-2010, 01:32 AM
Myer, Steve, Judy, Kerry, thanks for your feedback. Appreciate it a lot. Here is a repost just as Judy and Kerry suggested. I went for a pano crop to avoid the Heron being too centered...

Indranil Sircar
09-21-2010, 01:36 AM
Another vote for second post....Indranil while your at it, wonder what it woul look like with just the Blue Heron....;). Seriously, I do like the 2nd version.

Thanks Paul. Good idea to try with just the Blue Heron and here it is...

denise ippolito
09-21-2010, 06:38 AM
Indranil, I guess we all see things differently and that is a good thing. I personally like the 2nd repost w/ a crop just above your sig. You have been a trooper here with all your reposts. I think the interest in the image speaks volumes!!:) Nicely done.

Mark Fuge
09-21-2010, 08:31 AM
Nice image and application, Indranil.

Where is the Blue? ;) :D :D

Saturation must have been full with full vibrance!

I favor the second one with a crop of the right side to a point between your first and last name in the sig. No crop on bottom. But ... your going to wear out the image is you do all the changes suggested, so I will accept the second one as is! :2eyes2: :cheers: