PDA

View Full Version : Elephant Prayers

Morkel Erasmus
09-20-2010, 12:45 AM
This little fellow was all attitude and after striking this poignant pose was doing mock-charges at our vehicle. Captured in the Madikwe Game Reserve, South Africa.

Techs:
Canon 7D with 100-400mm L IS USM
f8.0 @ 1/1000 SS @ ISO-320

Robert Amoruso
09-20-2010, 07:42 AM
Post and look in the eye are great. I think I might prefer this as a vertical.

Bob Miller
09-21-2010, 08:41 AM
Hi Morkel! cute little guy! I agree with crop from right as noted by peter

Steve Kaluski
09-21-2010, 01:29 PM
Hey Morkel, you seem to pick you Elephants with character. Initially when I saw it I had the same thought as Robert, to go portrait, however I just wondered if you had anymore to the left? Won't crop anything off the rhs as you would lose the shadow, but perhaps a tad more bush lhs might work making it more rectangular. Like the detail but more importantly, that eye!!! Has this been cropped at all?

TFS
Steve ;)

Rachel Hollander
09-21-2010, 04:10 PM
Morkel - very cute shot of the little guy. I agree with Steve that I would not want to affect the shadow on the rhs.

TFS,
Rachel

Morkel Erasmus
09-22-2010, 12:48 AM
thanks for the comments everyone...I believe I did crop some off the RHS and top, but this is very close to full frame. will check it out Steve! (BTW nice to see you online again)

Sabyasachi Patra
09-22-2010, 08:12 AM
Morkel,
Nice eye contact. Some more space at the left would have been fine. I would prefer the horizontal than a portrait. In portrait you would get more vegetation and body of the mother. I am not sure if that would result in taking attention away from the calf.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi