PDA

View Full Version : Rugosa Rose

Bob Miller
09-19-2010, 05:40 PM
Nikon D-300
1/640 at f5.6
ISO400
90 mm Tamron Macro
All comments are welcome and most appreciated!
Should I darken left corner?

Kaushik Balakumar
09-20-2010, 03:16 AM
Lovely colours and textures in the petals Bob. The left corner does not seem to bother me.
And surprisingly, the 'OOF-ness' in the lower petal also does'nt seem to bother.

Ken Childs
09-20-2010, 04:08 PM
Bob, the pinks of the flower looks good but those glowing green leaves are definitely distracting and I feel they should be toned down a bit. What was the light on this? It seems odd that some leaves and parts of some leaves look almost fluorescent. There are some spots on the petals (pollen?) that could be cleaned up. If this was cropped, I'd be curious to see what it looks like with more of the top leaves showing. As it is now, consider taking a bit off the right to bring the center of the flower closer to a ROT position.

Roman Kurywczak
09-21-2010, 04:18 PM
Hey Bob,
I'm OK with the focus....but a bit tight on bottom....even for me and I agree that a few of the stems above the rose need to be toned down....so they don't draw attention away from the bloom. I could go either way with the pollen....it is natural but IMO would look better w/o it.....but not a deal breaker. It would be interesting to see this with a bit more DOF for comparison.....but it works as presented too and a few tweaks will just take this up a notch.