PDA

View Full Version : white

Valerio Tarone
09-18-2010, 02:49 PM
another trial with low aperture f9 is not so open, 70mm macro extension tubes (I don't remember which)1/125 -0,3 EV 200ISo I white paper above(I have a variety of coloured papers) .always searching to do 'good' moody images.
cerastium is small!
Comment welcome!

Valerio Tarone
09-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Sorry I 'vev forgotten to upload.

Ken Childs
09-18-2010, 05:25 PM
Valerio, this one had possibilities but there really isn't a good sharp spot for the viewer to focus on. This subject might have been better for a deep DOF so it was all in focus. Parts of the flower and BG look almost gray so you should take a closer look at the whites. Since I don't know what software you are using to edit these, I really can't give suggestions on how to do this. As to the crop, I think a tighter one with a bunch off the right and a little off the left would be the way to go.

Valerio Tarone
09-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Ken, thanks for the comments, I use Nikon Cature NX2 I'm still trying to learn and apply some parts. In this picture I cropped the left part, a bit the low part to exclude the branch, some smoothing of the branch, a srtong correction in histogram to brighten the Bg. As you write that's not sufficient.

Roman Kurywczak
09-21-2010, 04:04 PM
Hi Valerio,
Ken is right on with his assesement.....just try to get one thing in focus......then this will work much better. I like his idea of a crop too....but you may be able to get a bit closer in the field to get that too.....so just keep it in mind.