PDA

View Full Version : Another Hummer

Harold Davis
03-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Another from Butterfly World yesterday. This one isnt speaking to me clearly. The BG, the light, the compo? I dont know. Any thoughts?

D300, Sigma 50-500 at 270mm, f/6, 1/250s, 0EV, ISO 400, no flash, handheld.

Oscar Zangroniz
03-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Harold, beautiful colors and very sharp. BG is fine. The twig that runs towards the front is the only thing I see, otherwise very nice shot.
By the way now that I see that you shot this one with the Sigma lens, how do you like it? I've been thinking about it, any comments?
Let me know.
Great shot.
Congrats.

Alfred Forns
03-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Harold you can darken the corners a bit It always helps making the bird stand out more Would also smooth out the bg branches for smoother transition

From the tech side the shutter speed is sort of low You will do better bumping the ISO You have a very good performing camera Take advantage !!!!!! btw I'm ready with my Butterfly World gear !!! Will be going after I finish the IPT next week Will let you know !!!

Harold Davis
03-10-2008, 07:17 PM
thanks for comments, oscar. as far as the lens goes, i like it. i've made some pretty good shots with it. i think that for the money, it's hard to beat. al and i had this conversation last week i think. only other suggestion is the nikon 300 f/4 with a tc. but then you're still looking at about $1400 where as the sigma is about $1000. never shot the 300mm so i cant tell you about IQ or speed. i've had some success at BIF. think could be better with better technique. still learning.

Harold Davis
03-10-2008, 07:19 PM
let me know mr al. i'll be there with you!!

Oscar Zangroniz
03-10-2008, 07:29 PM
Harold, thanks for the reply. I do have the Nikon 300 f4 with the 1.4 tc.
I like it, its that with a zoom you have more options. At least i think so.
I'll let you know if i end up buying it.
where is butterfly world at?

Harold Davis
03-10-2008, 07:34 PM
quite a bit of difference

Alfred Forns
03-10-2008, 11:19 PM
I like it Harold !!!! Looks great !!! The one thing that is detracting big time form the little guy is the dark under the tail Flash would have helped in this dept !!!! Actually would have also helped with sharpness !!!! Don't leave home without it !!!

Oscar don't give you on your lens combo It is a good one !!! Just got the f4.0 and will be using for an over the shoulder lens along with a long lens Also for macro !!!!

Gus Cobos
03-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Harold,
Love that Hummer, colors are very nice, love the backgroud. For my taste, I would increase the hues just a wee bit more (my liking):D But I love it, have to go with you the next time you go let me know

Gus...:cool: