PDA

View Full Version : White Ibis

Gary Esman
09-18-2010, 07:59 AM
Taken at Fort De Soto in the Spring. Not sure if this qualifies as a pancake wing when the subject is in the water or on the ground? Appreciate all comments and thanks for looking!

50D, iso 200, 500 mm + 1.4 TC, 1/1250.

Gary.

Randy Stout
09-18-2010, 08:26 AM
Gary:

I merged the post for you so the thumbnail will show.

Very nice image with good light, sharp, great colors on the bird, fun pose,shooting angle!

I might consider removing the two small points in the water behind the bird. Might be vegetation, or just a drop, but it is an option to remove them.

Connie Mier
09-18-2010, 08:56 AM
I like this very much, the head is sharp and detailed, a very beautiful profile and the exposure is right on. In a perfect world, I'd like more wing span to give a separation between head and wing.

Arthur Morris
09-18-2010, 09:20 AM
Taken at Fort De Soto in the Spring. Not sure if this qualifies as a pancake wing when the subject is in the water or on the ground? Appreciate all comments and thanks for looking! 50D, iso 200, 500 mm + 1.4 TC, 1/1250. Gary.

Here's my wing position question for you: assuming that you could have fit the bird into the frame, would you rather have had this wing position of the wings fully raised?

Gary Esman
09-18-2010, 09:35 AM
Here's my wing position question for you: assuming that you could have fit the bird into the frame, would you rather have had this wing position of the wings fully raised?

Thanks for the question Artie! Yes, I would have preferred the wings to be fully extended. Ideally, a full extension up or down would have made this a much stronger image. But seeing that I do not have that, it is something to shoot for in the future. :)

Gary.

Arthur Morris
09-18-2010, 09:38 AM
I do like the image but I would have to agree with you on having the wings fully extended :) Though the light seemed pretty nice there might be a red cast to the whites that you wish to explore... As to pancake, yeah, pretty much....

Xavier Maessen
09-21-2010, 03:16 PM
Great exposure and sharpness, with a nicely blurred background: DOF is perfect. Like Randy, I find the two drops/plants in the water a bit distracting, so it si an option to clone them out. Maybe I would have preferred a bit more canvas in front of the bird.

Xavier