PDA

View Full Version : Snowy

wendell westfall
03-10-2008, 04:33 PM
Nikon D70s 70-200VR @ 200mm 1/200 f3.5 ISO200

This is an "everyday" (meaning not unusual) picture of a Snowy Egret taken this morning in good lighting conditions. It has been cropped about 50%, and adjusted for tone and USM. I am particularly interested in comments about whether the whites are acceptably defined . . . or in how they could be better defined, by either exposure or in post processing.

Wendell

Alfred Forns
03-10-2008, 07:08 PM
Hi Wendell !!!!

The whites do have sufficient detail The image looks overall dark Downloaded and checked the white/black point Both were good Only adjusted he mid tones in levels and the image popped Also there was a strong cast in the image Used the white bird to color balance

Image wise would like to see some more room at the bottom Bird placement is fine Remember the head angle !!!

wendell westfall
03-10-2008, 08:41 PM
Hi Alfred:

Yes, the mid tone levels adjustment really did the image a lot of good! I can and will leave more room at the bottom, but I should add room at the top to have more there than at the bottom, shouldn't I? And please clarify "head angle." I'm guessing the bird's head should be tilted towards me more . . . correct?

Alfred Forns
03-10-2008, 11:17 PM
Yeah !!!! The idea is to have the tip of the bill and the eyeball on the same plane !!! Then they both will be sharp

You don't want a bird looking away Doesn't look gook !!!