PDA

View Full Version : Editing problems

allanrube
09-17-2010, 05:30 PM
I find it very hard to edit posts compared to other forums - or at least in 2 instances.

1. In classified I wanted to lower the price of an item. I was not able to edit my post though it said at the bottom of the page that I could. There was no edit button. James told me that after a certain amount of time you can no longer edit posts in that forum. Not sure why, however.

2. I posted a bird image today. I got a comment suggesting a change. I made this change and went to upload it. By mistake, I loaded the wrong image. I wanted to go back, delete this image and upload the correct one. I was unable to do that. I deleted the image, pressed save, but it was still there.

Chris Ober
09-17-2010, 09:18 PM
Correct, you can only edit the posts for a certain amount of time. We had to do that because people were abusing the edit ability.

Deleting the images after someone makes a comment breaks the thread flow and comments would no longer make sense. It's standard practice to simply re-upload and post corrections or suggestions after the initial. This way, others looking at the critiques get a sense of before and after. Everyone learns more this way.

I find it very hard to edit posts compared to other forums - or at least in 2 instances.

1. In classified I wanted to lower the price of an item. I was not able to edit my post though it said at the bottom of the page that I could. There was no edit button. James told me that after a certain amount of time you can no longer edit posts in that forum. Not sure why, however.

2. I posted a bird image today. I got a comment suggesting a change. I made this change and went to upload it. By mistake, I loaded the wrong image. I wanted to go back, delete this image and upload the correct one. I was unable to do that. I deleted the image, pressed save, but it was still there.

allanrube
09-17-2010, 09:31 PM
Wait - I added an image and then wanted to delete it right away. No one else had seen it or commented on it.

Chris Ober
09-17-2010, 09:43 PM
Then you could have edited the post and removed the link for the original and added the link for the new one. You might even be able to delete it if you got to it quick enough but I'd have to check on that one.

allanrube
09-17-2010, 09:52 PM
That might have worked if I had linked it. I uploaded it.

Chris Ober
09-17-2010, 10:09 PM
http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?67812-Manage-your-Attachments