PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Warbler

Raul Padilla
09-17-2010, 04:46 PM
This is a complex especie with many variantes, it is a migrant over center Mexico

Canon 50D
iso 400
f8
1/250
500 mm
handheld

http://www.birdforum.net/gallery/data/532/Dendroica_petechia_aestiva_Yellow_Warbler_2_800.jp g

Connie Mier
09-17-2010, 06:52 PM
Quite beautiful, you captured a nice pose for a fast bird and the exposure looks good to me. The head appears a bit soft to me. I wonder if you had used a wider aperture to get the background more out of focus and increased shutter speed, perhaps would improve this?

Randy Stout
09-17-2010, 07:17 PM
Raul:

Good advice from Connie. The wider aperture would have helped on both counts, more background separation, and more shutter speed to stop motion blur. You could have also upped the ISO a bit in this kind of light and done well.

I might also tone down a few of the brightest areas in the background.

Cheers

Randy

Arthur Morris
09-17-2010, 09:52 PM
Sharpest focus seems to be somewhere on the folded wing so less d-o-f would hurt more :) Nice job with the EXP and a lovely pose and head angle. The best way to improve it in the field would have been to have focused on the eye, best way in post would be some selective sharpening of the head and face. I image you have some down there with rufous crowns???

Raul Padilla
09-18-2010, 10:27 AM
Thx for the critic, i need be very proactive with the warblers, anticiping the moves and changing the camera parameters for a excelent shot, Arthur, i find only females, but today i search again.