PDA

View Full Version : The Drive-In take 2

Matt Lerer
09-17-2010, 12:17 AM
There are some pretty spectacular sunrises and sunsets in Montana and Wyoming and here's another car bodies shot with some early morning color. This is an HDR shot that is made up of 6 shots ranging from 0.8/sec at -3.67 to 25 seconds at +1.33. I liked it because there was color, fog, and interesting subjects...and it was challenging with the fast moving water.

http://photos.imageevent.com/ghireptiles/west/Drive%20In%20down%202%20final%20BPN.jpg

Mark IV
16 - 35mm f2.8
ISO 50
f22
16mm
Tripod in the water and camera about 1' above the water

Kaushik Balakumar
09-17-2010, 03:06 AM
Wow, a very fine HDR. Lovely colours and especially liked the light on the metal surfaces of the cars. First thought of suggesting some increaee in contrast but then it would remove the misty feel.

Robert Amoruso
09-17-2010, 06:59 AM
Wow, a very fine HDR. Lovely colours and especially liked the light on the metal surfaces of the cars. First thought of suggesting some increase in contrast but then it would remove the misty feel.

Good suggestion on the contrast - that gives you two different interpretations of this fine image.

I really like the look of your HDR Matt. The sun's reflection on the water, I would suggest making a selection and reducing its brightness with a curves adjustment.

Dave Mills
09-17-2010, 08:39 AM
Hi Matt, Alot to like here. Beautiful sky along with a well handled HDR. The sun's reflection is a bit bright but I feel it's minor in relation to the overall. Due to the slow SS the water has a pleasing silkiness and the car(shoreline) acts as a good leading line. The cars give interest and provoke thought...Well done!

Roman Kurywczak
09-18-2010, 09:18 AM
Hey Matt,
This one turned out extremely well for all the reasons mentioned above. I like what the long SS did to the water and the fog just adds even more! This one works great all around!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Matt Lerer
09-19-2010, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the comments and help! I'll give the curves a try Robert and see what I can come up with.