PDA

View Full Version : JUst a Sanderling

Bob Decker
09-16-2010, 07:59 PM
A little quality time belly down on the beach. Canon 40D, iso 200, f/8.0, 1/800. RAW conversion via Bridge CS3, Bird USM in Photoshop + a touch of Highlights/Shadow... slight S-curve.

Indranil Sircar
09-16-2010, 10:22 PM
Very nice composition, Bob. I like the pose, the low angle and the incoming surf. Beautiful bg layers.

Lance Peters
09-16-2010, 11:05 PM
Hi Bob - like the low shooting angle - exposure looks good.
Might crop a little off the bottom - a little too much OOF there for my taste's. A little faster SS required to freeze the foot - though the slight blur does give a sense of motion.

When shooting at the beach you need to keep a eye on what the waves/water is doing in the BG - the dark line in the BG formed by a wave/ripple that intersects the birds head is a little distracting - could be evicted if you wish - Always strive to get as close as possible in camera personally.

Keep em coming ;)

Julie Kenward
09-17-2010, 01:02 PM
Nice points brought up by Lance. I almost immediately noticed the extra area at the bottom of the frame. I'd cut the image just above your signature line.

Arthur Morris
09-18-2010, 08:22 PM
Hi Bob, This one does not work real well for me but it took me a while to figure out why.... Here goes: too much contrast, the dark line through the head from the breaking wave, bill shine and leg shine, and some crud at the base of the bill. And yes to a crop from below. EXP and SH are plusses.