PDA

View Full Version : Educational Resources Question

Arthur Morris
09-16-2010, 07:56 PM
Why do posts by participants need to be approved? I only noticed that when a non-member wrote wondering where their posts went.

Chris Ober
09-16-2010, 08:01 PM
They shouldn't for most of the forums. Could you please provide an example? Person, forum, post? It'll be easier to track down.

Arthur Morris
09-16-2010, 09:26 PM
They shouldn't for most of the forums. Could you please provide an example? Person, forum, post? It'll be easier to track down.

Towards the bottom of page 3 here: http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?69803-Head-Angle-Fine-Points/page3 there were two comments by Brent Stephenson that showed up as Moderate instead of having a Pane #. After I approved them Moderate switched to Pane #.

Chris Ober
09-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Oops, it would have helped if it clicked that your post title was the forum name :)

It was probably set up that way from the beginning and just recently noticed or reported. It's an easy fix.

Arthur Morris
09-16-2010, 10:00 PM
Oops, it would have helped if it clicked that your post title was the forum name :)

Confused... But thanks for the potential fix. I should have mentioned that the same thing happened with another participant above the other guy.

Chris Ober
09-16-2010, 10:05 PM
I asked what forum and you had already stated that in the thread subject. I missed it.

Confused... But thanks for the potential fix. I should have mentioned that the same thing happened with another participant above the other guy.

They should be allowed to post replies now.

Arthur Morris
09-16-2010, 10:10 PM
Ah, now I get it. Thanks for the quick work.