PDA

View Full Version : Almost Finished....

Arthur Morris
09-16-2010, 07:00 AM
This is the tentative cover for "The Guide to Pleasing Blurs" PDF.

All comments and suggestions are welcome.

denise ippolito
09-16-2010, 08:43 AM
I will let others chime in as I have already given my opinion.:)

Kerry Perkins
09-16-2010, 09:29 PM
Seems a little blurry... :D But seriously, I think it looks great. I would probably separate the two birdscapes in the LRC but otherwise I love the placement and variety of the blur techniques shown. Nice work guys. I will be having one!

Cheryl Slechta
09-17-2010, 05:57 AM
I can hardly wait! Looks great to me. I see Kerry's point but there is also a continuity in the 2 bird blurs so I like it:)

Arthur Morris
09-17-2010, 06:22 AM
I can hardly wait! Looks great to me. I see Kerry's point but there is also a continuity in the 2 bird blurs so I like it:)

Thanks Cheryl. We actually have both versions of the cover and decided to go with the one in Pane #1 because the REDs flow better with Denise's fall color blur above Blizzard in Blue :)

Designing the cover was a big adventure for me. I came up with the basic placements of the images until I realized that the BKGR image for the text, which had been a Snow Goose bllur, was not really a good choice and that the image with the text needed to be larger. So I made the two images about the text photo smaller and chose Denise's lilac blur as BKGR for the text, and voila!

Arthur Morris
09-17-2010, 06:28 AM
Seems a little blurry... :D But seriously, I think it looks great. I would probably separate the two birdscapes in the LRC but otherwise I love the placement and variety of the blur techniques shown. Nice work guys. I will be having one!

Hey Kerry, You got both Denise and me with your "seems a little blurry" comment! Your idea has merit and we considered separating the two snow goose blurs very carefully (as seen below) but after much discussion decided to stay with the version in Pane #1 (as per my comments to Cheryl).

Christopher Miller
09-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Looks great, Artie! :) I like the first version better too.

Connie Mier
09-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Looks very pleasing to me!

Kerry Perkins
09-17-2010, 11:36 PM
Artie, I see your point and think you guys came up with a very nice cover. :cool: Glad I could give you a chuckle...

Arthur Morris
09-18-2010, 06:23 AM
Thanks Kerry. Both Denise and I said "What is he talking about?" when we first read your note (but only for about 1 second)!

Jim Longworth
09-20-2010, 10:07 PM
Not too keen on the font, looks a bit like a children's book font.

Jim Longworth
09-21-2010, 12:47 AM
Also I'd keep it simple and have just one image, the wildebeest is great with more space in the top right for the title

Arthur Morris
09-21-2010, 08:26 AM
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Jim. As for the children's book, making blurs is a lot like playing so maybe it fits :) We decided to go with multiple images as the subject matter is so diverse.