PDA

View Full Version : Mushroom underside close-up.

Daniel Cadieux
09-14-2010, 10:16 PM
There was an area of the forest with a bunch of these mushrooms growing...not sure what they are called, but they were about 6-8 inches across with a faded pink wash on the top. Most were past prime, but this one was in good condition - but of course it was bent on itself 45 degrees revealing the underside instead. It looked pretty cool for an abstract type image, and I liked the sun peeking through in URC. I don't know if its just me, but if you stare long enough at the lines and slowly move back and forth across them you may start seeing some fluid movement in there....:cool:

Canon 40D + 28-75 f/2.8 lens @45mm + 36mm extention tube, aperture priority, evaluative metering, 1/13s., f/18, ISO 800, -0.3 EC, natural light, handheld (lying flat with arms braced to the ground), full frame.

denise ippolito
09-15-2010, 12:08 AM
Really nice Daniel. The composition has such a great flow. I like the bit of light at the corner.The movement as you scroll the page is fantastic.

Bob Miller
09-15-2010, 01:04 PM
Hi Dan.....Very lovely composition. Like the color...good handling of dof. I like this alot!

Art Kornienko
09-15-2010, 03:33 PM
Not much to change on this one Daniel, Nature's shapes and textures always make great shots.

Julie Kenward
09-16-2010, 07:37 AM
Beautifully done, Daniel! I didn't think I was going to like the stem by the thumbnail but now that I see it it's as nice as the cap! Beautiful backlighting...and great DOF here.

Ken Childs
09-16-2010, 11:36 AM
This looks great as is, Daniel! I can't see anything that needs to be changed.

Just don't stare at it for too long! :D

Roman Kurywczak
09-16-2010, 02:52 PM
Hey Daniel,
Great light and I love the way this flows from the stem and radiats outward! Great tecnique too to get the DOF needed to pull this off! Great job overall!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Kaushik Balakumar
09-17-2010, 03:45 AM
Lovely patterns. Very well seen and photographed. Beautiful image.

Edit: I too can see the optical illusion Daniel !