PDA

View Full Version : Next time bring some goggles...

Josh O'Donnell
03-10-2008, 12:13 PM
I spent the better part of Saturday out in the woods/swamp photographing participants in a mountain bike race... It was a lot of fun, the large amount of rain that Mother Nature dumped onto the trails the night before made for some muddy riders... There were parts of the course that were under six inches of water. This guy was one of the leaders, I'm not sure exactly where he finished but he did at least six laps during the six hour race, each lap was 10 miles long.

http://www.joshodonnell.com/3908/5.jpg

Alfred Forns
03-10-2008, 12:27 PM
Those guys also have to go up !!!!! They are amazing I see a race on tv that lasts 24 hours Based on this same format Endurance to the max !!!!

btw Would be nice seeing some blurs !!!!

Josh O'Donnell
03-10-2008, 12:58 PM
btw Would be nice seeing some blurs !!!!

Thanks for the comment Alfred... I did try for some pan blurs but I'm just not experienced enough and need more practice... Also, I think longer focal lengths might make the blurs easier (again, my inexperience shining through)? I was using a short lens for this race simply because in order to get unobstructed shots of the riders I had to literally be within 10 feet of the trail.

Judy Lynn Malloch
03-10-2008, 01:16 PM
You certainly captured the moment Josh right down to the mud on the face and legs. What a neat experience that must have been for you. Thanks for sharing.

Maxis Gamez
03-10-2008, 05:30 PM
Very cool Josh. Keep them coming!

Philip Pietri
03-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Nice shot! Where was this race?

Josh O'Donnell
03-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Philip, this race was held on a portion of the trails at Wilderness Park, located off Morris Bridge road just east of I-75.