PDA

View Full Version : Cabin on the Kenai AK

Raymond Packard
09-14-2010, 07:16 PM
Took this photo at Cooper's landing on the Kenai Peninsula AK Nikon D-70s18-70mm Nikkor, at Settings 70mm at 1/50 F-4.5

Dave Mills
09-14-2010, 09:30 PM
Hi Raymond, you caught the foliage at a good time. Didn't know there was water that blue green in AK.
For my taste I would eliminate the pine tree in the lower right and I might crop a small bit off the bottom.
Would have liked to have seen the cabin a bit more offset(not much)
Finally I might try a contrast adj since the image could stand more dimension...

Robert Amoruso
09-16-2010, 08:47 AM
Raymond,

Moving/aiming the camera left would have offset the cabin right in the frame (get it out of the center and have the windows facing to the left larger area of the image) and gotten rid of the near pine branches on the lower right. Overall the image appears unsharpened. Once you create the small JPG, sharpen before posting. Good distribution of colors in the trees makes this a pleasing view. You can crop this one as Dave suggested.

Roman Kurywczak
09-16-2010, 02:32 PM
Hey Raymond,
Excellent advice given above and I agree with Robert that it doesn't appear quite sharp. Colors appear a bit over the top......but easily pulled back some. Was this HH?