PDA

View Full Version : Glasses and good long lens technique

Randy Stout
03-10-2008, 12:04 PM
Good day all:

As an eyeglass wearer, I am trying to figure out how to "push my face against the eye cup" to help prevent camera shake, without smashing my specs. Yes,I can dial in compensation into the viewfinder, but without my glasses I can't scan for incoming birds or distant objects.

Contact lenses aren't a viable option for me.

Ok, my bespectacled friends, how do you do it?

Good pictures to you all!

Randy

Doug West
03-10-2008, 03:45 PM
I wear glasses.

Its kind of hard to explain, but I have my left eye against
the viewfinder so that most of the pressure is coming right
over the top of my eye glass lens. In fact, I push so hard, I end up getting
a nice little cut in that area.

Doug

DickLudwig
03-10-2008, 04:32 PM
I take my glasses off and adjust the viewfinder to correct my vision. I find that I see better this way than with my glasses on. An added bonus is that I see the corners of the viewfinder much more clearly because I'm closer to the viewfinder. Using a rubber eye-cup will allow you to really "lock" the camera against your head/eye socket. The downside is that I need to put my glasses back on to look at the camera LCD. However I find my improved vision worth the extra effort.

Glenn Price
03-11-2008, 02:10 PM
I tried using contacts, and I also tried taking my glasses off and adjusting the viewfinder but that just ended up causing headaches. Now I pretty much do what Doug does(Don't push quite that hard though :) I've had to have my glasses repaired a couple of times but that seems to be the best compromise.

Don LaVange
03-12-2008, 09:29 PM
Yeah! I keep my glasses on. I have tried both, but as it is almost impossible with my glasses on to see the displayed histogram completely, I would be "out of luck" without them! The solution is to be young and have perfect vision!

Axel Hildebrandt
03-12-2008, 09:35 PM
My glasses don't touch the camera. To stabilize you could experiment with your nose touching the back of the camera.