PDA

View Full Version : Morning Smile.

Jim Bridges
09-14-2010, 08:55 AM
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:RelyOnVML/> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> I found this tiny green tree frog in the tall grass smiling at the morning sun rise. Made this one with D80 Nikkor AF 75-300/4.5-5.6 with 20mm tube @ f7.1 SS 1/400 ISO 400 on a tripod.

Ken Childs
09-14-2010, 09:22 AM
Wow, this is great, Jim! There are a couple of white areas on the face that could be toned down and maybe a bit more space in the UL corner but even as it is now, it's really cool. I love the expression and light you captured.

Roman Kurywczak
09-14-2010, 09:43 AM
Hey Jim,
Agree with Ken on toning down some of the white spots and perhaps even some of the brighter green ones......but I really like the DOF falloff her in this case as it adds to the look with fantastic lighting!

Mike Fuhr
09-14-2010, 10:45 AM
Ouch -- this one is WAY cool. Not a single nit in my book except that I didn't take it!!!:) Love the lighting, the angle, expression on his face. You nailed it!

OvidiuCavasdan
09-14-2010, 01:23 PM
Beautiful light, nice subject. I like the pose and colors, dof works for me. Very nice!

Christopher Miller
09-14-2010, 04:57 PM
Excellent image, Jim! Love the pose, comp, and lighting. Agree with Ken's suggestions. Very nice work!

Daniel Cadieux
09-14-2010, 08:06 PM
Nice! I love the twisted pose, as if it is trying to catch better sunrays on its face. I do love it overall but I wish we'd see at least some of the frog's toes. I also hope you took some with your zoom pulled back a bit more with the subject placed in LRC (I like this one's comp as presented too, but just good to take a variety of images if possible). As posted there is a tiny bit of clipping on the nose...easy to tone down.

Jim Bridges
09-15-2010, 08:44 AM
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:RelyOnVML/> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> Thanks so much for looking and the comments! I got to work on this little guy for over an hour and got a few images in other positions before it jumped deeper into the vegetation to hide from me. Besides the late morning wind was starting to pickup and it was time to head home to the A/C.:D