PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion to Improve BPN

Arthur Morris
09-14-2010, 08:06 AM
James, Chris, it there any chance of adding the text in the image to the Post New Thread box in red as shown below?

Why?

Below, is an idea that Denise and I came up with with regards to concerns that we both have.

More recently than in the past, it seems that few folks are posting images in Avian (and elsewhere) and never commenting on anyone else's photos. Since I got home a few days ago it seems that Randy, Dan, me, sometimes Doug, and Denise, who is not even an Avian Mod, are pretty much the only folks commenting on anything like a regular basis..... We have lots of new blood but nobody posting comments. Or very few at best.

I was thinking of e-mailing folks who post and then disappear without commenting but Denise advised me that they would probably simply feeling threatened and quit posting.... And I realized that she is correct.

As part of a campaign to improve BPN we jointly came up with the following: if possible, add text as below into the box that appears when you hit the "Post New Thread" box in the critique forums.

Can it be done?

As part of the campaign we run an article on the front page and maybe do something else. Stickies do not seem too effective....

Arthur Morris
09-14-2010, 08:08 AM
I am hoping that the text will be larger here.

Chris Ober
09-14-2010, 10:38 AM
I'm sure it can be done and I know the general place in the code it needs to go. It would be a matter of formatting it to the proper place so it doesn't push something else in the layout out of whack.

Arthur Morris
09-14-2010, 10:40 AM
Thanks Chris, Assuming that James will come on board please do your best to get it done. We need to do something to get folks involved. TAT.

Arthur Morris
09-14-2010, 10:41 AM
Anywhere in red would get their attention :)

Chris Ober
09-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Thanks Peter. I'm well versed with the standard development to production cycle and deal with it on a daily basis for work. Test sites were implemented long ago :)