PDA

View Full Version : The guy was hide

kostas nianiopoulos
09-13-2010, 04:39 PM
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/579/spourgitaki.jpg

I was about to get few macros from a plant , when this guy , came out from the roots , i don't know what he was doin in there , maybe his home is there . Evrything made fast he didnt let me get lot of image just 2-3 then he gone .

the thing is bother me here is the leaves near his body ..

Canon 50d , 1/125 , f11 , iso 400 . EF USM IS 100MM MACRO L .

thanks for watching .

John Chardine
09-13-2010, 08:07 PM
Well that's interesting Kostas. This is a young male English Sparrow but what it's doing on the ground in the vegetation I am not sure. It's a very out of the box image for a bird portrait! The composition is good. A bit more sharpening will improve the detail in important places like the eye.

Lance Peters
09-13-2010, 09:34 PM
Hi Kostas - A little more room at the bottom for the virtual tail for my tastes. Head /eye looks a little soft maybe some additional sharpening will help. The leafs dont bother me as much as the feeling that the tail is clipped.
Keep em coming :)

Julie Kenward
09-14-2010, 07:50 AM
Kostas, did the bird fly away after you were done? Could be it was just foraging (as sparrows love to eat off the ground) but if he didn't fly away then perhaps he was injured?

I think the foliage by the tail does get in the way IMO but it's the funky angle at which you photographed him and the harsh light that gives me the most concern. If you had stepped back and to the right and lowered yourself closer to the ground I think you would have produced a more pleasing image.

Remember when you come upon a wild bird to make sure and give him some room - they get very nervous very quickly - back up and let the bird relax for a bit and then try moving in slowly. I know as photographers our first reaction is to photograph what is right in front of us but that's not always what's best for the bird. Make sure they feel comfortable and THEN click that shutter. ;)

kostas nianiopoulos
09-14-2010, 08:13 AM
i guss u are right Julie but like i said before im not a birder , i don't get images from birds , i don;t know how to do this , that was just pure luck and nothing more ... after few secondes he is gone away , yes he di fly away ... like i say above he gave the chance to only 3 images .. and evrything was too fat , i wasnt there to get images from him but from the plant ... thanks all for the feedback ... :)