PDA

View Full Version : 9-11 Tribute in HDR

Joe Senzatimore
09-12-2010, 08:12 AM
From this years 9-11 Tribute. Just getting into HDR so probably much room for improvement , but enjoying it.
This was done with a 10.5 Fisheye.
200 ISO
5 exposures in 1 stop increments
processed in Photomatix

Dave Mills
09-12-2010, 10:50 AM
Hi Joe, I shot this last on the 6th anniversary but haven't had another opportunity since....maybe next year. You found a different view of this which I find interesting but a few thoughts.
I find the rock wall a bit dominating and bright(for the time of day) but I laud your efforts in trying to get a foreground.
What I feel might have been alot stronger was to simply use the pilings as a LL.(the single row in the center which has some separation) Your on a perfect angle to do that.
For my taste I would have included more of the trees or none at all(would probably have not included them)They are also a bit bright for the time.

Roman Kurywczak
09-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Hey Joe,
Agree with Dave on most points.....coold angle but for me the trees are the most distracting. In the repost, I show a crop which I feel strengthens it and I also toned down the FG rocks a bit using a B/C layer. I hope you took a vert with the pilings too as Dave suggested......overall.....I think you did an excellent job and the HDR work is pretty good too!

Joe Senzatimore
09-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Yes I do have a vert. but not in HDR. Will post it tomorrow. Thanks for the tips , both of you. Always helpful.

Morkel Erasmus
09-13-2010, 03:47 AM
Hi Joe

HDR is fun, but it takes some practice to keep oneself from getting all psychedelic with it ;)
you've done nicely here, nice tonal gradient throughout and agree with Roman and Dave on most points - would love to see the vertical

Robert Amoruso
09-13-2010, 06:32 AM
Joe,

I like the HDR look for this image and Roman's crop. The pilings look way interesting and as themselves a good FG for this image. Were is this vantage point? Thanks for posting this interesting image.

Joe Senzatimore
09-13-2010, 08:29 AM
Joe,

I like the HDR look for this image and Roman's crop. The pilings look way interesting and as themselves a good FG for this image. Were is this vantage point? Thanks for posting this interesting image.

Robert,
There is a new park , just South of the River cafe'. walk all the way to the end and there it is.

Judy Howle
09-13-2010, 09:26 PM
I like your re-post without the trees and foreground toned down. The rocks are still a bit overpowering though.