PDA

View Full Version : Yaquina bay Bridge

Myer Bornstein
09-12-2010, 02:28 AM
Greetings from the Oregon Coast. I am out exploring the coast. this stitched panorama is of the Yaquina Bay Bridge taken from the Yaquina Bay Lighthouse state Park in Newport Oregon. It is one of the eleven coastal Bridges that Conde McCullough designed and built to connect many of the towns and cities on the coastal highway 101. four pictures stitched in PS and adjusted with Lightzone. Nikon D300s 18-35 Nikon lens on a tripod
18-35mm @ 35mm
52mm (in 35mm film)
1/60 sec, f/18
Mode: Av
Metering: Multi-segment
ISO: 200
AF mode: AF-C
White balance: AUTO

Dave Mills
09-12-2010, 08:45 AM
Hi Myer, Nice view wth a good vantage point of the bridge. Good job on the stitching and using the trees as anchors.
A few points. First, I can see in the sky that you have done extensive cloning by seeing repeats of a number of areas.
Due to software or your own manipulation the image has a more graphic look to it which is a subjective area.
On the angle you took this at the bridge seems to be merging more in the backround than desireable. I wished it would stand out more. Possibly a lower angle.

Roman Kurywczak
09-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Hey Myer,
Dave's suggestions for trying to get lower and isolating the span against the sky was a VG one. I also agree that this HDR look is not everyones cup of tea.....but I am OK with them. The repeating pattern in the sky is the most noticable......so working on that as Dave suggested is right on and reworking them is the way to go.

Robert Amoruso
09-13-2010, 06:29 AM
Not much more to add here but I am glad to see you working out of the box.

You did not mention the HDR software - that is important for us in critiquing the image. Like in Photomatix, it is very easy to get that funky look sometimes more then a realistic look. I have used and liked Unified Colors HDR Photostudio, now replaced by HDR Expose and the PS specific plug-in 32 Float. I downloaded both trials (fully functional) yesterday and will give them a try. See them at www.unifiedcolor.com.

Judy Howle
09-13-2010, 09:50 PM
Robert, you should check out the new program in beta, Oloneo Photo Engine. http://www.oloneo.com/en/page/home.html I haven't tried it yet but it's gotten very good reviews from several who are long time Photomatix users, except for ghosting, but they are still working on it. This is the 2nd beta. Nik HDR Efex Pro is coming out in Oct and they have a pre-order discount on now by phone and you can use a NAPP discount. I'm on the verge of buying it.
Judy