PDA

View Full Version : Terns & Shorebirds

Janet Heintz
09-10-2010, 05:42 PM
I took this image a few years back at Fort Desoto, Florida. It was a very calm evening and I just sat in my chair with the birds all around me. I liked the relaxing look of the image. I used a high key preset that I made in Lightroom. and sent the image to Photoshop for a little level adjustment and over sharpening.

Enjoy
Janet

denise ippolito
09-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Janet, I like the pano crop. This has a very nice peaceful look to it. The high key is lovely and well done. I always like less room beneath and more room on top but this works well also.:)

Christopher Miller
09-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Excellent work, Janet. Love the calm feel, and the pano crop and high-key look are both superb. I agree with Denise on more room on top and less on the bottom. Very nicely done.

Judy Howle
09-10-2010, 10:01 PM
I also like the high-key look and subtle tones. Lovely image!

Kerry Perkins
09-11-2010, 01:24 AM
Hi Janet, this is indeed peaceful and I like the preset that you have created. The high key effect really works nicely here and I love the two little peeps on the right, just hangin' with the big guys. :)

Julie Kenward
09-11-2010, 01:31 AM
I had the same thoughts as Denise on the crop...I like less at the bottom and more room at the top in a pano crop - but this does seem to work as presented - I think both of us are probably "seeing" the white in the posting box since there's not a lot of delineation between the photo and the box! You might try putting a drop shadow frame of gray around it next time. I love the birds, though...you can tell they were very relaxed and doing what birds "do"!

Indranil Sircar
09-11-2010, 01:13 PM
Beautiful composition. Like the pano crop the hk effect. TFS.

Mark Fuge
09-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Nice image and application, Janet.

I might add just a little to the left border, if it were mine ... But ...

Cheryl Slechta
09-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Janet, I like this a lot including the crop. The high key gives this a calm look to it and they all look like they're having a grand time:)

Arthur Morris
09-11-2010, 07:46 PM
Looks like a loverly painting to me. I love the shorebirds at the front of the tern flock. Ditto Denise on a crop from below.

Steve Adkins
09-11-2010, 08:26 PM
Wonderful image, Janet. This is a fun comp to study. The effect tends to bring "me" in closer, at their level. It's different and I like it. :)

Janet Heintz
09-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Hi, all,

Thanks for all the comments, I added some more room at the top of the photo as per suggestions, I see what you mean, gives it a whole new perspective.
thanks Janet,
Comments Welcome

Arthur Morris
09-12-2010, 08:14 PM
Taking some off the bottom as you did improved an already fine image. Now take a crack at darkening only the water.....

denise ippolito
09-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Janet, I like the repost very much. I like how the water fades into the BG