PDA

View Full Version : they only come out at night

daniel valovich
09-10-2010, 05:15 PM
got up early,walked out on the back porch and spotted this spider doing what spiders do.
I have never seen them in the daytime
nikon d300
nikkor 105 micro f2.8
F40.0
iso 100
1/250s
on camera speedlight

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_0lSa66pPKio/TIqrqXW4MHI/AAAAAAAAFM4/1EMuMpAJqSE/s800/_DSC3641.jpg

Julie Kenward
09-10-2010, 05:58 PM
Dang it! I've been peeking out my back door taking images of this same spider thinking I had done a pretty decent job and then I pull up THIS. Guess I'll tuck mine away until yours is but a distant memory... ;)

Such a dramatic image, Daniel! All the little hairs are standing at attention and this totally makes me think of Halloween. Super detail and nicely "flashed". If it were mine I'd consider cloning the big piece of knotted web out and replacing it with a single strand - shouldn't be too hard to do if you don't mind that kind of image change. Great placement in the frame as well. Guess I'll go back to the drawing board now...

Roman Kurywczak
09-12-2010, 01:11 PM
Hey Daniel,
I like the angle and the sharpness w/ just enough web to give a nice base. and the black BG......while not everyones cup of tea....really makes this stand out! Nicely done overall!

Daniel Cadieux
09-12-2010, 07:43 PM
I'd personally like a bit more room below, but this image has tons of impact. Nice and sharp, and I love the delicate webbing. A bit creepy, in a good way :-)

daniel valovich
09-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Thank you all!
sometimes I get lucky.
This forum critique has made me a better photographer