PDA

View Full Version : Flower pair

Jay Sheinfield
09-10-2010, 12:59 PM
Took the background to black to emphasize the star patterns...............

Nikon D3s
ISO 200
1/6 sec @f/32
135mm

Comments always welcome.

Julie Kenward
09-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Jay, this is lovely! You did a great job of controlling the pinks and reds here. For me, since the left corner doesn't have black space in it, I'd trim the right side to have the same effect - take a slice off to bring that corner to full pink like its opposite. Lovely diagonal line and really like that black BG - it makes this image pop!

Mike Moats
09-11-2010, 04:15 AM
Hey Jay, good point by Jules. You have a good comp with the diagonal positioning, and a balance of the black on the upper left corner with the lower right, but of balance with the opposite corners.

Jay Sheinfield
09-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Jules and Mike,

Thanks for the feedback on balance. I'll give a try......................Jay

Roman Kurywczak
09-12-2010, 12:52 PM
Hey Jay,
I looked at this one too......while I liked the OP and am OK with it.....explored a crop possibility to show you what you may want to look for in future explorations. Let me know your thoughts.

Ken Childs
09-12-2010, 02:49 PM
Jay, my personal preference is for your original crop. Nice diagonal on this and the colors look great.

Jay Sheinfield
09-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Roman,

I certainly see the point of the crop, and, do like it............the blacks are better balanced. It does appear to loose a bit of the three dimensionality of the top flower. I originally balanced the "black stars" and flower centers on the OP.............not sure now. But thanks for the repost and a good look at an alternative.

Ken,

Thanks............your feedback is always appreciated.

Jay

Jay