PDA

View Full Version : Bald Eagle's are back........

Eric Diller
09-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Last year (here in Orlando) the nest fell down during a storm, both Juvi's were saved and released. This year the Male is back right on time... September 1st like every year. Female should arrive in a week if all goes like the other years!
We are anxious as to where they will build the new nest. Seems they have many choices all in the same area! We will soon see..

Here is the Male waitng for his mate to arrive. I believe after these last few years he recognizes me! :mrgreen:

Male Bald Eagle waiting on his mate. We know it's the male because he is missing a talon on his left foot.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h263/xmobe540/EAGLES%202010/PIC_1691-2800copy.jpg

David Pugsley
09-09-2010, 08:35 PM
What a beautiful raptor! I am anxious to see the eagles again as well. If you ever want to shoot eagles from very close let me know. The location is an hour or so from you...ahhh you probably know about it. :)

Doug Brown
09-09-2010, 09:37 PM
A handsome Bald Eagle Eric! Very sharp, and I like the open beak. The angle is a bit steep, and the whites of the bird have a yellow cast to them. Here's a repost with a levels adjustment to the whites. What do you think?

Robert Amoruso
09-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Good points Doug.

Whites look better but I would desaturate yellow and green some. Going back and forth (BPN to home computer and back to BPN) really messes up color saturation sometimes.

Doug Brown
09-09-2010, 10:30 PM
Looks better with the yellows desaturated a bit more as per your suggestion Robert.

Nico Steenberg
09-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Super sharp detail and IQ. Like the open beak and feather details. Well done Eric.

Eric Diller
09-10-2010, 01:07 PM
Doug...I do like the edit you did on the whites, however it was getting late in the evening (around 6;15 pm i believe) and had a nice little warmth coming in thru the tree's. I thought i would leave it as seen at the time.

Thanks for your input...much appreciated!