PDA

View Full Version : Titian Sunset

Judy Howle
09-08-2010, 08:06 PM
This is another of my favorite sunset images. Black clouds rolled in just as the sun went down and then they gradually turned this unusual orangey-gold color, it was pretty amazing. A few minutes later the clouds turned red. This is south of where the sun set.

Robert Amoruso
09-08-2010, 08:48 PM
This is way cool. I like how the cloud's lines sweep up as it carries the eye into the image. Can't wait to see the red cloud version.

Hilary Hann
09-09-2010, 05:44 AM
Stunning colours right through to the reflections. Love the tones of this image and the sweeping lines of the clouds (as Robert said). Very beautiful.

Dave Mills
09-09-2010, 08:02 AM
Hi Judy, Your getting some remarkable sunsets at this location. This one is entirely different from the previous post and has alot of impact.
The line of clouds act as a base while the sweeping(and brighter) clouds give the image a diagonal movement. Just enough water shown to give the image a sense of place...

Judy Howle
09-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Thanks Robert. Unfortunately the clouds that night were moving fast and this lovely cloud formation pretty much disintegrated before they turned more red, but I might post one anyway. The scene before this when the black clouds were moving in is more interesting to me. Wish I'd had a 16 - 35 lens. I might get one in the future.

Judy Howle
09-09-2010, 02:53 PM
Thanks Dave. Occasionally the clouds did cooperate for a nice composition as well as color!

Roman Kurywczak
09-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Hey Judy,
I think the colors are very nice and as Dave stated....just enough base to give some scale. I would like to see this with a bit more detail in the lower/puffier (is that a word?) clouds......just for comparison to see if more depth there in the whites would give this evenmore impact than it already has! Could be worth exploring. Another nice one!

Arthur Morris
09-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Love the texture, color, shapes, and patterns of the clouds here. Handheld or tripod? Gear? EXP?