PDA

View Full Version : a story

Valerio Tarone
09-08-2010, 03:34 PM
I like images that tells a story: here the water, coming from smelting of the glaciers, pass and shall form waterfalls, lakes, a stream.
f13 1/200 ISO 320 EV-1 semispot aperture pr. Work in Nikon capture as Usually.

Roman Kurywczak
09-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Hey Valerio,
Looking at your specs.....I wonder if the light wasn't hurting you! I like the composition very much (although I may crop off the top to just above the cloud on the left)......with the water leading us to the mountains. If you had earlier light....had it on a tripod and were able to open up the darker areas by using a split ND filter of doing an exposure blend.....this has the potential to be very dramatic. If this location is close to you and you can go back.......find out when sunrise or sunset are......go there a half hour before at least.....and then try this same composition.....you will be pleasantly surprised by the difference in the light alone! Just something to keep in mind for next time out!

Dave Mills
09-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Hi Valerio, I also like your composition. Roman brought out the most significant point in photography. Light!!
Depending on the mountains position in relation to the sun a very early or late light image would probably add alot of impact to this image.
Good use of a leading line and the division of the comp.(I agree with Roman's crop suggestion) The clouds also add alot of interest...

Robert Amoruso
09-08-2010, 08:46 PM
No more to add then the advice Dave and Roman gave you. Thanks for posting and looking forward to seeing more of your work Valerio.

Valerio Tarone
09-09-2010, 11:20 AM
Yes, agree the light is harsh. Not easy within few weeks to go again, simply because I' booked others places..the next year certainly. Dave, yes, the friends told me the law (who wrote ?): never after 10 am, never before 5 pm.........but depending on the subject.

Robert Amoruso
09-09-2010, 01:07 PM
Valerio,

It is sometimes difficult when traveling to get to the right places at the right time for the best light. So you make the best with what you have as you have done here.

In difficult light you could shoot multiple images at different exposures and blend them to control the light or use a reverse s-curve to tame a high-contrast image like you have here. Go to http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20434 for my Reverse S-Curve, Shadows/Highlights, Local Contrast Enhancement (LCE), Blending Mode and Selective Color tutorial. You are looking at the first part of this thread related to using the Reverse S-Curve.

Valerio Tarone
09-09-2010, 01:31 PM
Thank Robert, Your script has yet been downloaded, I've some difficulty in understanding becuse it need mental concentration.
HDR is a different thing , i know it, I won't , i suppose most part of national and international contests does not accept it.

Valerio Tarone
09-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Robert, my Photoshop CS4 doesn't get uploads. So, I have to use Nikon capture, that I'm studying. The way, I think, is point color brightness saturation (LCS in english BCS).The same image treated in 3 points. Your critic.