PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Valley NP

John Cooper
03-10-2008, 02:21 AM
Interesting rock formation taken in the Hidden Valley NP, Northern Territory. Very early morning.

Canon EOS 3, Canon 17-40 F4 L, ISO 50, F22, Polarizer, Tripod.

Robert Amoruso
03-10-2008, 11:04 AM
I like the composition John but the extreme contrast does not work for me in this image. Above I did an eggressive reverse s-curve, selective color adjustment with 10% black in the black, neutral and white channels to add some pop back w/o increasing contrast and then a levels adjustment to lighten it up using the mid-tones slider.

John Cooper
03-11-2008, 02:14 AM
I like the composition John but the extreme contrast does not work for me in this image. Above I did an eggressive reverse s-curve, selective color adjustment with 10% black in the black, neutral and white channels to add some pop back w/o increasing contrast and then a levels adjustment to lighten it up using the mid-tones slider.
Thanks Robert for the repost - I had toyed with doing something similar but wanted to retain some of the strong side lighting that prevailed at the time.
The original was shot on Velvia which was probably not a good choice for such contrasty light.