PDA

View Full Version : View from Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge

Lloyd Spitalnik
09-07-2010, 07:31 PM
There have been so many excellent images from Jamaica Bay on the board that I thought I'd do something a little different. Here is a typical scene from the north end of the East Pond. Often it's very difficult to isolate single birds. This is a mixed flock of Short-billed Dowitcher, Semipalamated Sandpiper and Semipalmated Plover.
Canon Mark IV, Canon 500 f/4, 1,4X TC, ISO 800, f/18, 1/200s, -1/3Ev tripod mounted.

Scott Frye
09-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Picture is to small to see much detail -- posting instructions allow for at least 800 pixels on the longest side -- the Copyright takes up too much of the picture -- I like the composition and my first thought is that this would make an interesting jig saw puzzle

denise ippolito
09-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Lloyd, Something different for sure. I tried to get an image like this in Cape May. I'm still working on the comp! I like that most of them are resting and your eyes wonder all through the image w/ interest.:)

Daniel Cadieux
09-08-2010, 09:21 AM
Neat! Many times people overlook such opportunities. Since the plover at left edge is almost singled out (and thus stands out a bit) it would be great to give him more room to avoid the clipped tail. I also think the image would have had more impact had critical focus been on that individual, but I really enjoy the concept of the image. I agree this would look good bigger.

I've enjoyed your variety of species of shorebirds posted...keep it up!

Dick Glover
09-09-2010, 09:45 AM
I like this image and am sorry to second the comment on the copywrite -- way too big for this size image.