PDA

View Full Version : Barking Tree Frog

ChasMcRae
09-07-2010, 12:54 PM
OK-OK ! Obvious fixed positioning ! However frog is wild and the White Pitcher Plant is wild both in a south Alabama Bog !

Willem Verboom
09-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Nice picture but :o............. I think that it could use a little bit more scharpning and you could blur the background a little bite more so that your subject more ''plop out' in the picture.

But a nice picture overall.

greetz Willem

Robert Amoruso
09-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Chas,

Sharpeness looks good to me. Blurring BG was to be done expertly so as not too look fake. If your not up to doing it (and I make no assumptions to your PS skills here), I would not do it. BG works well as is. It may be staged, but it worked out well. Vertical was the right way to go. Thanks for posting.

ChasMcRae
09-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Actually I had backed off sharpening after the first run and this is the second with slightly less sharpening.

Blurring background-I have tried this before and never been real happy with MY results. Probably reflects my PS lack of expertise ,but appreciate all input.
This was my first exposure to WHITE pitcher plants.
Thanks again for comments.

Ian Cassell
09-09-2010, 09:51 PM
I like it -- idea and composition. I wonder if the pitcher plant would digest a frog.

Arthur Morris
09-11-2010, 07:57 PM
What are the specs???

Daniel Cadieux
09-12-2010, 01:11 PM
Too cute!! Did you try dome with a wider aperture than f/13? Sure, perhaps some of the plant wouldn't be within DOF range (shouldn't have been too bad really), but the BG would have been nicely blurred in-camera for a possibly worthwhile trade-off.

Staged or not this is a very uplifting image!

Arthur Morris
09-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Dan, Where are you seeing f/13???

Daniel Cadieux
09-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Artie, the exif is still embedded in Charles' image. I can view it using a free exif viewer I downloaded a while back (Opanda). I agree though it is better to indicate it with the post (I'm sure he just forgot).

Here are his specs:

Aperture priority, pattern, 1/320s., f/13, ISO 800, +0.67 EC, 180mm, no flash.