PDA

View Full Version : Magical Evening

Joe Senzatimore
09-07-2010, 07:40 AM
Had a flock of 50 to 100 Red Knots this evening just content with feeding and not careing who was around and walking by them. Light was spectacular as was the sunset. Doesn't happen this way very often.
I was glad to see the Knots looked plump and healthy.:cheers: This species needs all the help it can get.:2eyes2:

800ISO f6.3 at 1/1250th

Daniel Cadieux
09-07-2010, 08:46 AM
Sounds like you had a great time with this species. Nice when subjects cooperate! Good to hear these guys looked healthy too. I like the walking pose, and the still-wet look of the beach. I also like the incoming wave, very nice. I do wish for a better HA as this one is turned away a bit.

Doug Brown
09-07-2010, 09:14 AM
That sure is some nice light Joe! I like the raised foot here, and also the breaking wave. I would like to see the bird looking slightly towards you. I might consider a little more sharpening.

Bill Dix
09-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Beautiful light, and nice raised leg pose. I assume this is part-way between breeding plumage and non-breeding?? My only Red Knot images are from Florida in November, without any remaining redness. (I need to get to Cape May when they pass through in the Spring.)

denise ippolito
09-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Joe, Sounds like it was a very magical evening. I would have loved to get one of these for my files. I went with Artie to Cape May and didn't get one shot:2eyes2:. I did see a pretty large flock at the beach recently. I love the pose and the wave adds something special to the image, ya I wish for a better HA but I'd be smiling for this one:)

Art Kornienko
09-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Super lighting Joe.