PDA

View Full Version : Eastern diamondback rattlesnake

Raul Quinones
03-09-2008, 10:14 PM
Taken at noon, really sunny conditions.
Aperture priority, 1/800, F8, ISO 250, 500 mm, Hand held (No time to setup tripod, it was moving fast).

Alfred Forns
03-09-2008, 10:30 PM
............. and you got in front of the snake :eek: Good reflexes !!!!!

Looks good for the harsh light Would try cloning the oof grass in front of head I like it a lot and glad you came out well !!!!

John Cooper
03-09-2008, 10:38 PM
It seems you both moved fast!!! Nice sharp head but pity the sun was so high as the lack of a catch-lite in an eye makes it look lifeless - but I am sure it wasn't :D

Jeroen Stel
03-10-2008, 02:20 AM
You are fearless!!
Great job getting this guy in the wild!

A little hard to say anything on "pose or composition" as you can't as a wild rattle snake to "assume another pose."...

Well done!

Greetings,

Jeroen Stel

Raul Quinones
03-10-2008, 08:35 AM
Thanks for comments and recommendations, I wish I had my flash setup and ready... I was in back of a pickup truck and this snake was crossing a dirt road, no much time to get ready.
I love this forum for all the recommendations, I already join as a member(just waiting for the BPN #). I am recommending this site to all my buddies.

Bill Foxworthy
03-10-2008, 01:16 PM
geeeeeez, thats too close. I saw too many of these when I used to hunt down in the Evergaldes Fla in the 60's. I don't like them at all, BUT love this image!

Mike Moats
03-10-2008, 04:13 PM
Hey Raul, Great shot considering the dangerous subject. I agree with Alfred to clone out the OOF grass in front of the head. Well done.

Don Lacy
03-10-2008, 06:46 PM
I have yet to see one of these guys in the wild I would love the opportunity, not much you could do about the light but I would also clone out the OOF grass.
Still well done.

Harold Davis
03-11-2008, 03:56 AM
i have another recommendation for this one. STAY CLEAR OF THE FANGS!!!! cool capture. we all must be a tad bit crazy to do some of the stuff we do to take a pic.