PDA

View Full Version : The Day Time Stopped

AJ Witt
09-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Took this yesterday morning. Used a 3 & a 4 stop ND grad filters to shoot. Unfortunately, due to the filters the top of the closer tree is darker than I would like. I made some adjustments in post to try and lighten it up, but not sure it works.

Went back today to try again with the intent of hitting the tree with a little flash, but the sunrise was quite gloomy and the camera didn't even come out of the bag.

I welcome any and all comments, positive or critical.

Dave Mills
09-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Hi AJ, I like your basic comp. In the future please post your shooting specs so we can better analyze what you did.
The stump on the left is a strong foreground and also acts as a leading line out to the other brush pile. The slow SS has caused a softening of the water which is pleasing.
Finally the sky has a nice pinkish color along with some interest in the clouds. Nice one!

Roman Kurywczak
09-06-2010, 03:08 PM
Hey AJ,
Very cool ! Dave is right on with his assesment on the FG tree acting as a leading line. I think your flash idea is a good one......but this works as presented also. Nice to have a location you can re-visit to see what you can come up with on other days.

Judy Howle
09-06-2010, 09:04 PM
I love the pink tones in the water and sky and the smoothness of the water.

Robert Amoruso
09-07-2010, 06:28 AM
I agree with Dave and Roman. I also like the transition of cool tones on left to warm tones on right. A well seen image and composition.

Morkel Erasmus
09-07-2010, 08:30 AM
I like the overall composition and agree with the above critiques. I would just remove the cyan abberation on the left of the stump :)

Don Hamilton Jr.
09-16-2010, 07:31 AM
Aj , very nice indeed, you could use nik software and lightEN your frontal stump a bit, however this is a keeper and framer to me!!! Hey, if you do not want it, send me a print... man i'd frame it in a heart beAT, AND EVEN PUT YOUR NAME ON IT!! :2eyes2:
DON