PDA

View Full Version : Ready to fly

OvidiuCavasdan
09-06-2010, 12:08 PM
40D. EF 100mm Macro
F/18
1/3 sec
ISO 320
Clematis seed from the garden, manual mode, natural light (cloudy), tripod.

Desmond Chan
09-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Hmm...not the best looking subject :p but I like the composition.

Jay Sheinfield
09-06-2010, 12:39 PM
I like it! good lines and comp. nice graduated tones in the BG that compliment seed colors. at first I thought it might be a bit tight in the frame, but also works as is. fabulous lighting...............i think the DOF compliments the comp. the balancing act makes this even more interesting. well done!

another thought, since the balancing act is so central to theme, IMO, I could wish for the bottom pod to a bit sharper................but its not a liability as is.

I just have to add that this is a very original and delightful composition. IMO!

Julie Kenward
09-06-2010, 03:22 PM
I love the composition - the balancing act is great - but I find myself wishing for a bit more of the bottom area to be included a more DOF on the top of the "fluff". Neat idea overall, Ovidiu!

OvidiuCavasdan
09-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Thanks for comments.:)
Shot also with more space at bottom but liked this one more because the seed is closer to the ROT this way. The "feather" was angled (bent) almost 90 degrees, so maybe F32 would have helped with dof and more focus at the tip, but I was also considering the BG. Shooting from a different angle for getting the (almost) entire feather in focusl brings the edge of the seed close to camera and I choosed to get the seed plane parallel with camera. :o Hope the wind will not blow it away until tommorow and maybe I'll try again:D

Bob Miller
09-06-2010, 07:47 PM
HI Ovidiu....As usual your work is uniquely beautiful! Wonderful composition! I like it very much as presented!

Jonathan Ashton
09-07-2010, 04:03 AM
I think this is a really interesting image and well spotted. I don't know if a little re orientation of the camera would have been possible but I would have loved to see the tip of the feathery detail in closer focus.

Cheryl Flory
09-07-2010, 06:08 AM
love your creativity in this image! wow.

Mike Moats
09-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Great find and capture, everything looks fine, but only wish it had more DOF on the nice texture in the top.

Ken Childs
09-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Colors, subject and comp are great but like others, I find myself wanting a bit more DOF. Still, it's a nice shot. :)

OvidiuCavasdan
09-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Thanks for comments!:)

Roman Kurywczak
09-08-2010, 03:21 PM
Ovidiu,
DOF already mentioned.....but great vision on the comp here!

Anita Bower
09-09-2010, 06:01 PM
I like this image. It highlights one of the joys of macro photography--seeing what we walk by every day. Given the limited dof in the image, I would prefer a bit less of the bottom thing, that is, I would crop some off the bottom. Beautiful light, composition, colors. Well done!