PDA

View Full Version : Black-winged Stilt with Eggs

John Cooper
03-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Flooded pasture land had created an island and attracted several species of birds to nest with relative safty from cats and foxes.

Canon EOS 3, Canon 70-200 F2.8L, ISO 100, Natural light with fill-flash, 1/125 sec F11, Hide, tripod.

Gayle Clement
03-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Wonderful find, John. I like the protective position of the stilt and the detail of the eggs.

Judy Lynn Malloch
03-09-2008, 09:53 PM
You did a fine job capturing this stilt as it is not an easy subject to expose and I love the composition. As Gayle mentioned, a wonderful protective pose and nicely framed.. Excellent environmenta; capture John !!

James Salywoda
03-09-2008, 10:17 PM
Excellent nesting shot nice to get this in the open.

Del Cockroft
03-10-2008, 06:13 AM
A great capture and added interest with the nest and eggs. As previously mentioned black and white are always difficult but you nailed. On my screen there appears to be a suggestion of a halo running along the birds back!!!

John Cooper
03-10-2008, 06:53 AM
A great capture and added interest with the nest and eggs. As previously mentioned black and white are always difficult but you nailed. On my screen there appears to be a suggestion of a halo running along the birds back!!!

Thanks for the comments Del - I took the image back into PS and yes I agree with your findings - I think its a jpeg compression artefact. From memory i had to use a low 4 or 5 quality during compression to bring the image within the required file size.