PDA

View Full Version : The Tawny Take off

Kiran Poonacha
09-06-2010, 06:10 AM
Had to wait a lot, but was lucky to get this Tawny eagle to take off towards me.

spec: 1/6400, F 4, ISO 800.

MK4+500mm

jfranciskay
09-06-2010, 06:25 AM
I think you nailed it! Great wing position and framing. Excellent detail and color, exposure and light are excellent with the highlights controlled very well. Love the eye contact. I am struggling to find anything wrong :o...it was worth the wait!!!

Joe Senzatimore
09-06-2010, 08:01 AM
Well worth waiting for. Comp. puts it over the top for me. Wonderful light and action captured. WOW!!!!!!:D:D

Bill Dix
09-06-2010, 08:18 AM
A beauty, Kiran. Perfectly timed at the moment of lift-off with full wing extension, lovely background and great light. Not to mention comp and eye contact. Well done!

Michael Zajac
09-06-2010, 08:29 AM
Great wing position and sharpness.Beautiful BG colors and exposure.

Sid Garige
09-06-2010, 08:48 AM
Killer image Kiran. Great exposure and excellent timing.

denise ippolito
09-06-2010, 08:58 AM
Very nice timing and your patience paid off. Beautiful image with nice warm tones to compliment the bird. Congrats Kiran.:)

Randy Stout
09-06-2010, 09:26 AM
Kiran:

You were well rewarded for the wait. Lots of good observations above. The only additional point for me would be that if the head was clear of the rear wing, it would be even stronger. I suspect you couldn't move your shooting position to get a different angle on the bird, and of course it didn't listen to your entreaties to take off angling a bit differently:) Very strong already however.

Randy

Stu Bowie
09-06-2010, 10:14 AM
Kiranbhai, I like the extended wings, and so perfectly timed. I like the sharpness, light and colours.

Kiran Poonacha
09-06-2010, 10:20 AM
Kiran:

You were well rewarded for the wait. Lots of good observations above. The only additional point for me would be that if the head was clear of the rear wing, it would be even stronger. I suspect you couldn't move your shooting position to get a different angle on the bird, and of course it didn't listen to your entreaties to take off angling a bit differently:) Very strong already however.

Randy

Yes Randy Bhai thats exactly what I wanted the tell the bird after I saw the pic in the display " why couldn't you take of a bit more to your left" but also could not complain too much as he atleast took off towards me.

Thank you all for kind words of apprecaition and encouragement. Really value them.

Regards,

Kiran

Hendri Venter
09-06-2010, 11:26 AM
Outstanding IQ in this and a lovely take-off pose. Excellent image. Well done.