PDA

View Full Version : Water lily

Connie Mier
09-05-2010, 01:07 PM
At Fairchild gardens, trying to use some of what I learned from Roman; using center weighted metering (from evaluative), use of fill flash and some dof but not too much to leave the green stuff oof. I was trying to use the green plants in the water to frame the flower.
Sony a700
f/11, 1/800, ISO400
Thanks for looking
Connie

Roman Kurywczak
09-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Hey Connie,
I think you did very well comp wise using the duckweed to frame the water lily! I do think you need to go a bit less on the yellow center......to bring out more detail. You can select just that area.....and either use color balance (add blue)......or desaturate the yellows only......in H/S......or sometimes a combo of both! come to think of it you can also go into selective color to pull them down. I think if you take the brightness down a few points too.....this one will really pop off the screen. A few minor tweaks to a nicely composed image!

Bob Miller
09-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Just a bit tto bright in the yellows as already stated....nicely composed with nice light!

Desmond Chan
09-05-2010, 11:59 PM
The yellow is the biggie. Did you soften the flash light? The light looks kind of harsh on my monitor. Sharpness, details and composition look fine to me.

Mike Moats
09-07-2010, 09:17 AM
Hey Connie, a nice comp, and agree with others on the yellow, but the flower does a have realy nice pop.