PDA

View Full Version : Tulip from Longwood Gardens

denise ippolito
09-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Still working on this effect I hope to create an action from my steps as soon as I am happy with them.

Judy Howle
09-05-2010, 10:40 AM
I really like this one. The colors and twirl are nice and the slight sketch effect and sharper vs softer areas work well together.

Cheryl Slechta
09-05-2010, 12:42 PM
Denise, I'm really loving this look! This has a surreal look to it. I also think it would look nice with the stamens a little stretched out to a slightly rounder shape:)

Connie Mier
09-05-2010, 01:19 PM
Denise, what effect are you referring too? It's a beautiful composition, I like the blend of tones very much. Not a fan of pink, but this works really well.

denise ippolito
09-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Thanks folks, I appreciate the kind comments.
Connie, I am trying to re-create each plug-in effect with the tools and filters in photoshop so that I can create my own action. So far I am almost there and will be more than happy to share my action once I get it completed. For now it is still trial and error on the look that I am after.

Douglas Bolt
09-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Wonderful! I like the composition a lot. Nice curves moving your eye into the upper right third with dark on left for balance. I assume when you get the action worked out, it will include most of your compositional skills as well.....

Bob Miller
09-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Denise....I like it!

Hilary Hann
09-06-2010, 06:08 AM
Denise, this is another really superb image. I love the composition, colours and texture you've given it. Even when you share your 'action' it may be impossible for us to achieve a fraction of what your eye can see in the flowers you photograph. Perhaps I'll just be one of the people to enjoy your vision, rather than try to imitate it! ;)

Steve Adkins
09-06-2010, 08:21 AM
denise, these are wonderful! It's exciting to see your steps in this journey. :)

denise ippolito
09-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Thanks folks, I appreciate it.

Cheryl Slechta
09-10-2010, 08:57 AM
Denise, I just looked at a link to your workshops from Artie's website and I really, really love the Stella de Oro day lily - it is gorgeous. I'm loving this new technique.