PDA

View Full Version : Jewels of the morning...

Adrian David
09-03-2010, 03:41 PM
Model = NIKON D300
Exposure Time = 1/80"
F Number = F14
Exposure Program = Manual
ISO Speed Ratings = 640
Exposure Bias Value = ±0EV
Subject Distance = 0.5m
Metering Mode = CenterWeightedAverage
Flash = Flash fired, compulsory flash mode, return light detected
Focal Length = 105mm
Sensing Method = One-chip color area sensor
Exposure Mode = Manual exposure
White Balance = Auto white balance
Focal Length In 35mm Film = 157mm
Lens = Nikkor 105mm/F:2,8 VR
Overcast, early morning.Tripod and Strobela were used.

Jay Sheinfield
09-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Super shot. The details, the BG, the colors,,,,,,,,,,,super. Great DOF, also. Only thing I would do is a little off the top, but it works great for me as is. a hint of halo visible on wings and flower

I noticed some of the BF legs are hidden behind the flower, Ill leave to others on that. Jay

Cheryl Flory
09-04-2010, 09:34 AM
great sharp image. I would like to see the butterfly larger in the frame, but don't know where I would crop since the details on the flowers are so interesting also.

Ken Childs
09-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Adrian, this is very nice! I agree some should be cropped from the top.

Sure, it would be better if the legs were showing but the dew covered butterfly and the beautiful flowers easily compensates for that small problem!

Don Lacy
09-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Hi Adrian, Love the image from the soft light to the beautiful dew covered BF and flower, only suggestion would to crop just a tad off the top bringing the BF in to the rule of thirds within the composition.

Jerry van Dijk
09-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Very nice Adrian, all the compliments and suggestions are already covered.

Adrian David
09-04-2010, 01:55 PM
Thank you very much!

Jonathan Ashton
09-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Excellent shot colours details etc spot on, my only criticism would be the hidden legs.

Roman Kurywczak
09-05-2010, 10:34 AM
Hey Adrian,
Outstanding! I don't mind the legs here because the perch is excellent with the dew taking this up yet another notch! I am never afraid of the crop tool;).....so would be OK with suggested crop.......but am fine with the OP presentation also! Very well done!:cheers:

Anita Bower
09-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Beautiful!! Love the dewdrops, details, colors, light, bg, butterfly, flowers. Everything works here!! Great job. Had to look up Strobella. I would crop some off the top. Great image.