PDA

View Full Version : Longwood Orchid

denise ippolito
09-03-2010, 09:24 AM
Just trying out a new technique that I have been working on. Susan Candelario helped me with some of the issues I was having with the look. I want to create something that looks more like an artists rendition than a photograph. I hope to perfect this technique and create my own action so that I can repeat it. Please let me know your thoughts as I am interested in others views.

Judy Howle
09-03-2010, 10:09 AM
I like the image subject and the technique. It does have depth making it look 3D. Do I see a bokeh texture in there? I like it.

denise ippolito
09-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Judy, Thanks for the feedback. Yes a slight bokeh texture.
Here it is w/o the fract and the bokeh.

Douglas Bolt
09-03-2010, 01:47 PM
I like it. I have no idea how you accomplished the effect, but I'd like to know.

As I mentioned in another thread that I wanted to see how PC treated a fairly uniform pattern. This image seemed like a good Guinea Pig. Thanks, Denise. Not trying to hijack the thread. Please move the post, if needed.

All I did was make the image square, cropping off the bottom, apply the PC filter and add a Soft Light blend ~30% for drama. And, clone out the black vertical line down the middle from top to center.

I think it is amazing how these filters work together to create unique and interesting images.

denise ippolito
09-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Douglas, Very creative! I like how you took this up a notch! I will be more than happy to give my complete instructions once I "pin them down":)

Christopher Miller
09-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Great technique, Denise! I like it a lot. Love the colors and the wavy, textured look. Very curious to know how you created the effect.

Arthur Morris
09-03-2010, 11:15 PM
As far as the color goes, I would like something between the two, but I love the headless dancing witch in the yellow robes. ALOT.

Hilary Hann
09-04-2010, 08:38 AM
Whatever methods you used Denise, I like the end result very much and look forward to more information on what you did.

denise ippolito
09-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Thank you all for your kind comments. I am still working on the steps:2eyes2:

Kerry Perkins
09-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Truly different and creative Denise, and I like it a lot. I see the same thing that Artie does in this one - a dancing figure with no head! Really nice combination of effects and you definitely came up with an artistic look and feel. Super!

Cheryl Slechta
09-04-2010, 08:30 PM
Denise, I have no idea what you did but I love it. Its very creative and I love the flow. The only thing I find distracting is the one thin fuschia line in the top middle of the yellow.

denise ippolito
09-05-2010, 07:34 AM
Thanks folks, Cheryl-good eyes, thanks:)

Ken Childs
09-05-2010, 01:29 PM
I see the dancing figure but she has a head and some really wild hair. :D

This is really cool, Denise! This almost looks like something painted on an animal hide.

Bob Miller
09-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Great effect! Looks alien to me....Love to know how your are doing this!

denise ippolito
09-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Ken and Bob, Thanks so much. I appreciate it.:)