PDA

View Full Version : Assembly Hall - Temple Square, Salt Lake City

Tim Rucci
09-02-2010, 04:32 PM
I dug up this old JPG image from February 2004 today to see what I could do with it in Adobe Camera Raw. This was captured while taking a break from the slopes during a snow skiing trip. We drove into Salt Lake City and heard a rehearsal of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir after walking around the campus and shooting some images of Salt Lake City Temple and some of the other buildings. This building is an assembly hall, but I believe it was probably used as a church prior to it's current use.

Details: Captured with my anicent Canon 10d and Simga 20mm f1.8 lens, 1/15 sec at f3.5, iso 800, hand held. I feel that I got really lucky to get a crisp image at that shutter speed, without a tripod. The 10d was quite noisy at iso 800, but the latest ACR noise reduction algorithm makes it look pretty peachy, imho.

Dave Mills
09-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Hi Tim, I also feel you did a "peachy":) job with this.The image is sharp along with good detail. I like the angle you took this at along with the deep blue sky. If this were mine I would remove the contrails in the sky....

Robert Amoruso
09-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Hi Tim, I also feel you did a "peachy":) job with this.The image is sharp along with good detail. I like the angle you took this at along with the deep blue sky. If this were mine I would remove the contrails in the sky....

Ditto on that, Dave nailed it. Nice work Tim.

Roman Kurywczak
09-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Hey Tim,
Impressive to get that good of an image at that SS indeed!!! Besides the con trail Dave mentioned.....this turned out very well given the DOF too Very good job composing this too!

.Now....had you had your tripod....going slower and f16 or 22....may have given you sunbursts on the streetlamps......for another possible cool effect. Just something to keep in mind for next time out!