PDA

View Full Version : Sentinal

Bill Randall
09-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Obivoulsy a composite. The graveyard is directly behind the church anc contains mostly miners that work the mines in the Creede, CO area.

Robert Amoruso
09-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Bill,

Very interesting looking concept and execution. Just on the merits of the composition, I would not have clipped the tree on right and would have liked to see a more contrast and better tonal separation. However, neither may have lent itself to what you are trying to accomplish here. I would recommend you post this in Out-of-the-Box as well. Thanks for posting.

Bill Randall
09-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Thanks Robert. Will do. Right on, on the tree on the right, I didn't see it! That is what critique is all about.

Dave Mills
09-02-2010, 04:46 PM
Hi Bill, good comments by Robert.Interesting concept with a moody overtone. The image is a good candidate for OOTB

Roman Kurywczak
09-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Hey Bill,
I see you copied it to OOTB.....so I don't have to! I think this can work many ways. I agree with Robert on the darkness......but it is kind of moody and eerie! I would prefer the church a bit brighter and more contrasty....along with perhaps the FG.....but very cool concept that can be tweaked in many directions!

Jim Michael
09-04-2010, 09:02 AM
A very "painterly" effect that comes off well. I'd like to see lighter if you don't lose that nice texture you've managed to create.

Bob Miller
09-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Hi Bill...i like this as presented....eerie!