PDA

View Full Version : Sunset Glow

Judy Howle
09-01-2010, 11:32 PM
This is the photo I took before the one I posted yesterday. I was a couple of minutes too late to catch the sun before it went behind the trees.
5D 2, ISO accidentally on 1600 from night before, f10, 1/1000 s.

Dave Mills
09-02-2010, 10:07 AM
Hi Judy, Another beautiful sky with the technicals well handled.
I like the silhouetted foreground but find the dark bush on the left drawing my eye due to it's dominance. If this were mine I would crop it out.
The small clump of reeds on the far right is a bit close to the edge. In this case I might have shifted more to the right and a bit higher so the clump was farther in and the grasses weren't merging with the other clump. You would have also gotten more of the dramatic sky without the large bush...

Robert Amoruso
09-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Judy,

Dave summed up my feelings quite well. Thanks for posting and looking forward to more.

Judy Howle
09-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Thanks Dave and Robert. I agree with the comments and will re-work it. I have to admit this was a grab shot as soon as I got out of the car before the sun went lower and I didn't put enough planning into it and I didn't shoot another one from that position. I went on to the edge of the lake for the next one. That's also why I forgot to check the ISO first, I was in a hurry. Lesson learned!

Judy Howle
09-03-2010, 12:27 AM
Here is the revision.

Roman Kurywczak
09-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Hey Judy,
Nice job with the suggestions! I does improve this IMO. I do wish you had a bit more seperation in the reeds....from the grass on the left.....but it's not bad. I will also give you another thing to possibley try......a tight shot of just one of the slump of reeds with just the beautiful color glow! Just snother option to explore.

Judy Howle
09-03-2010, 04:33 PM
Thanks Roman. I have several shots of the reeds in reflections made on other nights. I'll post some of them. I replied to your post on the other image with a link to one in OOTB.