PDA

View Full Version : Longwood Gardens IR

Dave Woeller
09-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Finally got a moment to sit down and upload a shot. This came from the large pond at Longwood Gardens. Shot with an IR converted 20D and 100-400mm lens. I processed to BW in PS and then added just a touch of detail enhancement in Topaz adjust. Final adjustments were done in LR 3. All thoughts are always appreciated.

denise ippolito
09-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Dave, Very graceful and lovely scene. I like this a lot. Some people are in the "coming in from the corner" camp and I admit to being one of them- I might crop a slight bit off the bottom to get the stairs in the corner-BUT that is just my preference.:) There are a few very small bright spots in the BG that catch my eye. I might tone them down if it were mine. Very nice range of tones through out the image. It's nice to see you getting some time for yourself!!

Patti Edens
09-01-2010, 06:44 PM
Such a nice, tranquil view! I keep wondering how it would look with an Orton effect applied. I think it might work really well with this lovely foliage. I don't think I've ever seen Orton applied to an IR.

Cheryl Slechta
09-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Dave, I like this a lot. I like the extra detail in the leaves and the curving footbridge. I figured weeping willow would photograph this way and was going on a weeping willow hunt while I'm on vacation next week:)

Dave Woeller
09-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Thanks Patti and Cheryl. If I can possibly get some free time, i might try my hand at the Orton effect on this. Cheryl, best of luck in your weeping willow hunt. They do come out great in IR :D Enjoy your vaction and bring us lots of ootb images.

Edit: Denise, please forgive me for not acknowledging your reply in this post. As always, your comments are greatly appreciated and very helpful. my brain needs some serious help coping these days. Thanks for your thoughts and time.

Kerry Perkins
09-02-2010, 08:40 PM
Dave, I love your IR shots and this one is super! Great tonal range and detail. That willow really stands out nicely.

Dave Woeller
09-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Thank you Kerry, I really do enjoy pulling out the converted 20D once in a while for a different approach. Lots of fun.