PDA

View Full Version : Coot on the run....

Ofer Levy
09-01-2010, 07:07 AM
1D Mark 4, Canon 600 f4 IS, 1/2500, f7.1, iso 640, Miller Solo tripod, Miller Arrow 25 fluid head

Taken yesterday morning here in Sydney. The fluid head is a dream device - highly recommended for following action. Expensive, bulky and heavy but I love it.

Slight crop for composition

Joe Senzatimore
09-01-2010, 07:36 AM
Wonderful action with a killer BG and great detail. I might like a bit more room on the left for the Coot to move into. Perhaps add some canvas and crop to pano?

Dick Glover
09-01-2010, 08:31 AM
Outstanding -- detail, action, slight wing blur, great BG, light, all make a fine image. Agree about more room on the left. Thanks for sharing.

denise ippolito
09-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Ofer, Excellent sharp details and action captured. I agree a bit more room in front would be nice but not necessary.

Nancy A Elwood
09-01-2010, 09:49 AM
Ofer wonderful detail with this action image!! I love the colors and agree with just a little more on the left.

Krijn Trimbos
09-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Great action in some gorgeous light Ofer! Too bad it is running away from you slightly, I agree that a bit more room on the left would be nice. Cool shot nonetheless!

Kaustubh Deshpande
09-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Ofer, sharpness, black details and shooting angle are excellent. cropping is always tricky with these as you want splash and room in front. The Coot run is common but very hard to capture IMO....too many things( bird parallel, light angle, panning at low angle, wing position, head position, leg on display out of the water) have to fall in place which doesn't always happen. In my experience, its a low percentage shot. This is excellent.

Lloyd Spitalnik
09-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Ofer, I agree with Kaustubh. I shoot action as much as possible and appreciate what goes into getting a good one. . Agree on more room to the left but your image is amazing!