PDA

View Full Version : Meeteetse, Wyoming Museum

James Yule
09-01-2010, 01:06 AM
9 exposure HDR. Meeteetse, Wyoming Belden Museum. After many months of overdone halo'd images I am slow starting to get the hang of HDR images. Used Photomatix.

http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=77480

Nikon D300
10.5 Nikon Fisheye

Nick Palmieri
09-01-2010, 06:53 AM
Real nice HDR. The colors look great. I don't see any halo's here.

Ron Bernstein
09-01-2010, 06:57 AM
I think this is an interesting comp, which holds my attention. I like the low angle, the fisheye view, and the framing. I wish the saturation was
increased on the photography museum, because I feel there isn't enough contrast between it and the sky. I also wonder what a curves layer would do here.
I look forward to seeing what others post. Congratulations, James!:)

Robert Amoruso
09-01-2010, 07:18 AM
James,

Interesting HDR image. Compositionally, I like the low angle but the signs growing out the bear's head are distracting and could have been moved or even hidden behind the bear buy moving. I agree with Ron that the image needs more contrast.

Dave Mills
09-01-2010, 08:05 AM
Hi James, Good subject for a fisheye with the bear being a strong center of interest.
Agree with others regarding increase in contrast and Robert's comment on the signs above the bears head.(could be fixed if your so inclined)
All in all a creative effort that works!

Roman Kurywczak
09-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Hey James,
Can't add much to above comments.....agree about the sign and contrast boost to some areas. Overall.....a nice HDR with no halos!.....perhaps you can share some of your techniques with others on how you avoided them!