PDA

View Full Version : blue and yellow tanager- Male Juvenile

Fernando Diez
08-31-2010, 11:31 PM
Thanks for view and coment my last picture.
This I think is the most colorful and beautiful bird in this region. Where most of the birds are brown or gray color. Hope you like it as much as me :)

http://a.imageshack.us/img251/6750/naranjerotamarisco.jpg

Xsi - sigma 150-500 @ 400mm - F 7.1 - S 1/250 - 90% of original frame - Hide & feeder
C&C will be apreciated
Fernando

Arthur Morris
09-01-2010, 05:51 AM
Hi Fernando, You are a good photographer. I love the pose with enough d-o-f and just the right head turn. The BKGR is sweet and the light is soft.

Is this at a feeder? Did you set up the perch?

This might have worked well as a horizontal. You might wish to repair the small scar just behind the bird's tail and the tiny tiny whatever it is just below that.

jfranciskay
09-01-2010, 05:58 AM
Beautiful Shot. I really like the colors, and it is nicely sharp. HA is very good and very nice catchlight in the eye, with good eye color. BG is nicely blurred with soft color. The crop is a little tall for me, as I would remove a bit from the bottom and maybe a little less from the top. Overall nice feel to this image!

Fernando Diez
09-01-2010, 06:45 AM
Hi, thanks for your comments and suggestions. I have tried to implement this.
Peter, the colors of this youth are not as strong as an adult, perhaps that is the lack of contrast in the bird. I tried apply a softly curve "s"
Arthur yes, is a feeder and also elected, the perch. In regard to taking the picture horizontally, sure, but it was only a moment that look and had the camera vertical. :o

Sorry for my English, I'm using google translator :)

http://a.imageshack.us/img96/3096/naranjerotamariscorepos.jpg

Arthur Morris
09-01-2010, 06:51 AM
Hi Fernando, I prefer the respost. We ask that folks mention if they are using a feeder or other means to attract the birds into photographic range. Please do so in the future :) Thanks. Nice job on the scar but you left the tiny, tiny branch.

Greg Basco
09-01-2010, 06:55 AM
Buenisima, Fernando! Como estas usando el traductor Google, opino en espanol que aparte de los aspectos ya comentados, para mi es el fondo complementario que hace verdaderamente especial este restrato.

Since you mentioned using Google translator, I thought I would comment in Spanish. Aside from the other aspects already duly mentioned, I think the complimentary background is what really makes this a special portrait.

Cheers,
Greg Basco

Michael Zajac
09-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Good re post,Nice eye contact and sharpness.Exposure and BG also looks good.

Fernando Diez
09-01-2010, 01:26 PM
Arthur , I forget clone a tiny branch :o. In the original post I had specified what the feeder.
Below the photo with exif data. (Hide & Feeder). I appreciate the corrections, I not long ago I started taking pictures (nearly a year) and is a continuous learning process.
Gracias Greg, el fondo es porque quise aprovechar la unica planta verde que habia en ese momento :D, ya que antes de la primavera esta todo seco por aca.
Thanks Michael!
Fernando

Arthur Morris
09-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Me bad on the feeder. :o Sorry and thanks!

Juan Aragonés
09-03-2010, 12:07 PM
Hi Fernando, this one is really nice. Composition works very well for me and I love that creamy BG and the head turn but, what I like the most, is the fantastic texture of the feathers of this guy from the adult and young plumage. Very good job and keep them coming :)

Fernando ésta me gusta mucho y no solo por el fantástico fondo bicolor, la composición o la pose deal ave sino, sobre todo, por la textura del plumaje, con plumas de adulto y de juvenil. Buen trabajo y mueéstranos más :)