Image Quality RAW
Flash On
Flash Type External E-TTL
E-TTL II flash metering Evaluative flash metering
Flash Exposure Compensation +2
Shutter curtain sync 1st-curtain sync

Dave Leroy
08-31-2010, 10:52 PM
Wow. A really strong image. I like it a lot.

Black bg really pops the flower. If I am not mistaken, I think that is from the full flash?

Dave

Grahame Hamblin
09-01-2010, 04:00 AM
Love the intense colours. Would like to see all of the pods and the blemishes cloned out Still a great image

Don Hamilton Jr.
09-01-2010, 05:57 AM
Thks, i was considering cloning as well;Wanted to present as taken first , then perhaps"Doctor" it a bit:) Yes, i learned this technique in Roam's workshop, do not let full light intimidate you, flash can overcome, and take over as your primary light source. :2eyes2:
Don

Ken Childs
09-01-2010, 07:44 AM
Don, this is nice as is but I think I would prefer the flowers without the tips cutoff or a tighter crop, just outside the tips of the yellow parts on the 2 lowest flowers. Whatever you go with, I think a small amount should be cropped from the top.

These colors do look good with the black BG. :)

Anita Bower
09-01-2010, 10:32 AM
The angle you chose, the black BG and the absence of clutter make this a dramatic image. The reds and yellows pop. I, too, would crop. I'm posting my suggestion. I tend to crop closer than many. Cleaning up the blemishes, especially on the lower red petal, will eliminate distractions from this striking image.

Steve Maxson
09-01-2010, 01:14 PM
A very dramatic image, Don. I like Anita's repost with the tighter crop (it's the "cut - don't clip" philosophy of cropping). :) Well done.

Roman Kurywczak
09-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Hey Don,
Glad to see you were paying attention!:D The crop suggestion is a good one.....as your OP looked clipped. Keep it all.....or make it deliberate and Anita's direction takes it there! (perhaps a touch more up top). Overall, very nicely done!
PS Not sure it is a bird of paradise???